The holidays are here, which means you’ll probably be spending a lot more time at parties, family get-togethers and other social gatherings. All that face time means you’ll probably be in front of the camera more than at any other time of year. If you’re wondering when the best time is to get skin treatments, the answer is now.
The key is to make sure you opt for procedures with little to no downtime, so you’re ready for your close-up. This time of year is great for getting skin treatments, but you need to plan accordingly.
Two to three weeks before your event
If you still have several weeks before your event, try the following:
- Botox: You probably know all about Botox already—it’s effective for filling in fine lines and wrinkles around your forehead and eyes. Since it takes a couple of weeks for full impact, make sure to schedule this out well before your event. Bonus: it lasts for three to four months, so you won’t need to return until the holiday festivities are well over.
- Dermal fillers: If you need to add volume to your cheeks, lips, jaw or chin, get dermal fillers a few weeks before your event. It’s like having a mini-facelift.
One to two weeks out
If time is running out, there are still options to try:
- Facial peels: Chemical peels (and some non-chemical peels) require a little recovery time, but the results are well worth it. There are plenty of different types of facial peels to try, which will rejuvenate your skin. Ask a specialist which might be right for you.
- Photo facials: If you have wrinkles, large pores, sun damage or discoloration, try a photo facial. You’ll start seeing results after one treatment, but three to four treatments are usually ideal.
- Micro laser peels: These peels remove the outer layer of dull, dead skin to reveal glowing skin underneath. However, they do require two to three days of downtime afterwards—you might look and feel like you’ve had a mild sunburn.
Right before your event
When your event is coming up in just a few days, try these treatments:
- Microdermabrasion: This is a gentler way to remove the outer layer of dead skin cells. You might need a day of downtime to get rid of the “flushed” look.
- Microneedling: Microneedling can enhance your skin’s collagen production, reduces pore size and tightens your skin, with very little downtime.
- Oxygen facial: Oxygen facials remove dead skin and treat the skin with vitamins, minerals and pure oxygen for a smooth and healthy glow.
There’s no bad time of year to get skin treatments, but the holidays are an especially good excuse. Why not look your best when you know you’ll be in front of the camera more often?
Spa’Mazing Beauty and Wellness offers a number of skin treatments with minimal downtime. Reach out to us today to book an appointment, and get ready to look great for your next event. We look forward to welcoming you soon!